Looking for Something?

Monday, February 2, 2015

Pursuing the Presence: Rest


Let me give you a reminder to start this post:

Slow down.

Take your time with this. Play the video at the bottom of the page and let it focus your thoughts on the words of this Scripture and this prayer. 

Pray these words over your day, your week, your life. 

Have some more time? Pray it over your best friend, your family, even your "enemy." 

And then be still. Let the truth sink in. Let God speak back to you.




Scripture

"Preserve me, O God, for in You I take refuge.
I say to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; 
I have no good apart from You.'"

Psalm 16:2


Prayer

Jesus.

You alone sustain. You alone satisfy.
Only You are worthy of Glory and Honor and Praise.

I rest in You this day.
I rest in Your steadfast love.
I rest in Your completed work.
I rest in Your lavish grace.
I rest....trusting that You are in control right now.
I rest....trusting that right now I am exactly where you want me to be.
I rest, for I belong to You. You are the one that really matters.

Be supreme in my heart, my mind, my life today.
Pry open the fingers of my heart,
help me release to You whatever is most precious to me.

May seeking You, O Jesus, and seeking Your kingdom,
be the one and only obsession of my life.

Remove any obstacles, overcome any weaknesses that hinder your work in my life.

I am Yours and Yours alone.

Amen.







-----


Evan Smith



is a Pastor currently living in Phoenix, AZ. He majored in New Testament Studies at Ozark Christian College. Born and raised in Texas, he grew up the third-born of 7 kids and loved (almost) every minute of it! He is happily married to his high school sweetheart, Breanna, and has two wonderful kids, Hannah Joy and Peter. More than anything, Evan wants to be a man who is marked by a hunger for God.

“The God who came, still comes. The God who spoke, still speaks.”

Evan's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment