Looking for Something?

Monday, February 16, 2015

Pursuing the Presence: More of You

Scripture
"As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God."
Psalm 42:1-2


Prayer

I need You, God.

I am broken.
Bind me up with Your healing touch.

I am empty.
Fill me up with Your Spirit.

I am thirsty.
Satisfy me with Your living water.

I am hungry.
Let me feast on Your word.

I am dead.
Make me live by Your breath of life.

I am weak.
Eclipse my weakness with Your grace.

I am sinful.
Purify me by your purifying fire.

I feel alone. I can't see you, I can't touch you. You seem so distant.
Help me trust that you are here, and you are working in this.

I need You, O God! More of You, less of me.






-----


Evan Smith

is a Pastor currently living in Phoenix, AZ. He majored in New Testament Studies at Ozark Christian College. Born and raised in Texas, he grew up the third-born of 7 kids and loved (almost) every minute of it! He is happily married to his high school sweetheart, Breanna, and has two wonderful kids, Hannah Joy and Peter. More than anything, Evan wants to be a man who is marked by a hunger for God.

The God who came, still comes. The God who spoke, still speaks.”

Evan's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment