Looking for Something?

Monday, March 9, 2015

Pursuing the Presence: An Orthodox Prayer

In the midst of all our uncertainties, all our stress, all the schedule changes and work stagnation, there is one unshakeable truth:
We belong to God.
No matter what today holds for you, you are a child of God. And your Father loves to unleash blessing in your life when you seek Him.


Scripture

"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, 
       nor stands in the way of sinners, 
               nor sits in the seat of scoffers;  
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,  
       and on his law he meditates day and night. 

He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season,  
       and its leaf does not wither. 
In all that he does, he prospers.  
       The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away.

Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, 
        nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;  
for the Lord knows the way of the righteous,  
       but the way of the wicked will perish."
Psalm 1

Prayer from St. Philaret of Moscow

O Lord, grant me to greet the coming day in peace.
Help me in all things to rely upon Your Holy will.
In every hour of the day reveal Your will to me.
Bless my dealings with all who surround me.
Teach me to treat all that comes to me with
peace of soul and with firm conviction that Your will governs all.
Grant me strength in unforeseen events. Let me not forget that all are sent by You.
Teach me to act lovingly, firmly, and wisely, without embittering or embarrassing others.
Grant me strength to bear the fatigues of the coming day with all that it shall bring.

Direct my will.
Teach me to pray.
Pray You Yourself in me.

Amen.




-----

Evan Smith

is a Pastor currently living in Phoenix, AZ. He majored in New Testament Studies at Ozark Christian College. Born and raised in Texas, he grew up the third-born of 7 kids and loved (almost) every minute of it! He is happily married to his high school sweetheart, Breanna, and has two wonderful kids, Hannah Joy and Peter. More than anything, Evan wants to be a man who is marked by a hunger for God.

The God who came, still comes. The God who spoke, still speaks.”

Evan's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment