Looking for Something?

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

God, Father



This is a short poem by Phillip Allen. This man was my inspiration to begin writing poetry, and is one of my influences to attempt spoken word as well. I just recently found this video along with a few others that I did not know he made. I've been a fan for a couple years now and I am planning on using a few of his videos to be a part of some future posts.

For now this one I felt goes along with my post last month on how God is our Father in the Heavens. He is our Father... and he loves us like one ought to. Why? Because He sets the standard, His love is perfect, His faithfulness has no end, and he chooses to bestow that on us.

As a father has compassion on his children,
   so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;  -Psalm 103:13


When my father and my mother forsake me,
         Then the LORD will take care of me.  -Psalm 27:10 NKJV