Looking for Something?

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Words


Love. A word without explanation.
A feeling of complete exasperation.
For some, Love, is what they've never known.
Love, may be what others have only ever been shown.
Love is a universal term.
But many think about it and squirm.

Society. A word filled with philosophy.
A system where people get rather comfy.
What kind of world, has this place become.
That we measure people based on their identity and income.
Aren't we all children of the Most High?
And yet we choose who is deserving of our time and thoughts, why?

God. A word so diverse.
A creator seeing His people living directly adverse.
The pain it must invoke
As we argue about and reject the Word which he spoke.
And it's not that we don't read and listen to what is said.
The simple fact of obedience to Him, that's what we dread.

World. A word with many definitions.
A place with so much noise that no one listens.
There is no time for the needy or broken.
Hurt, depressed, souls... we wonder why they aren't open...
It's good news after all, Jesus coming to save us.
Our lives though, reflect that we are clueless.

Love. A word declaring a movement.
We claim to know it, but stay dormant.
My purpose for this poem is to ask,
'Are we ready to fulfill Jesus' task?'
To care for the poor, widows, and orphans?
Justice, Mercy, Humility are to cover our actions.

We can say words,
such as 'My God loves everyone'.
So why don't we?
And what are we doing about it?
God has come to call us to be His light.
I can see just enough to know we all lost that sight.
Words are just words.
If we want to see some kind of change
Our actions need to start pointing upwards.
I want the world to think of me, strange.
I'm sick of words defining this life.
It's time to get out in the field.
To feel others strife.

Living in a world that could care less.
I refuse to suppress.
I refuse to take part in the oppress.
I refuse to keep trying to impress.
I refuse to just sit and assess.
I refuse to continue to even profess.
Unless...
The church, will come out of it's buildings.
Come out of it's judgmental gatherings.
Come out of business dealings.
Come out of it's briefings.
Come out of it's pricey dressings.
I want to see the crossings.
The branchings.
I can start to see, feel, the blessings.

Love. A word...
An idea that isn't so absurd.
It's an action.
It doesn't need a caption.
Just a heart filled with devotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment