Looking for Something?

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fight

On nights like this,
The mark, is exactly what I miss.
How could you even love me?
A slave to what I hate, even when I’m free.

It’s not that I don’t want everything you promise,
The pull of the things of this world… it makes me jealous.
I know you’ve overcome it all
But my tendency is to continue going awol.

I need your strength, your might, your power.
Me by myself… this fight has gone sour.
In this fight I can’t defeat what’s inside of me
In the end I’m alone, feeling crummy.

A lie I continue to believe.
I’m never alone, but the pain can deceive.
What is this battle all over?
Sin and how it creeps even closer.

I need your power and might,
Without it I won’t stay long in this fight.
You won’t let me forfeit
But how? But what? I forgot about your spirit.

My enemy has no power
Even though he crawls around like a prowler
These shackles are no more
In you I’ll take refuge… for sure.

Sin where are your trappings?
Destroyed by His painful markings
Death where is your sting?
Swallowed in his beating.

In Him I store my hope
It’s the only way I can cope.
In Him I have salvation
My only portion.

Thank you for loving me throughout
My praise can only begin with a shout.

------------------

So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty. -Zechariah 4:6