Looking for Something?

Friday, January 11, 2013

It's All Grace

The question still haunts me...

"How did you get through it?"

I look around, heart breaking for my brother, he is lost in this mess of life.

And he is looking to me... Me?

To answer the next great question that he faces... Allowing reality to settle in and slap him across the face.

"Nathan, How? How did you get through it?"

I feel it awakening, the monster that is inside, oh he wants his chance... He sees the opening, he is stirring... He's hungry.

I've had him chained up for far too long, he wants his freedom.

I know I shouldn't, I can't... But I want to.

To give into the feeling, that finally... Someone is understanding my own pain.

He wants to know how I got through it?

I kill the beast almost as soon as I realize I just gave in.

I didn't get through anything.

I hobbled along for the ride that life took me for... and I came out scarred.

Forever marred.

But alive nonetheless... and honestly... it's ok.

I didn't get through anything.

He took me through it.

He took me there.

And I look up to see his hands, scarred as well, forever always.

I didn't get through anything, friend, it's all grace.


----

How often are we tempted to believe that our life experiences, our troubles, and past hurts... that we somehow relieved ourselves of them?

I know I struggle with this idea just about every day... I mean there MUST have been a purpose for that right?

Friends, it's all grace.

And we MUST realize that.

It's all grace.

No matter how contrary to grace it may seem... Everything, is a gift of God's grace.