Looking for Something?

Saturday, December 1, 2012

More



I have a pain, a craving, a hunger, a thirst, a hunger for something more.
A thirst, a desire, a need to cleave but it’s not something to buy at a store.
For this fixation will not last, this simple substitute will not satisfy.
I need a something, a feeling, a complexity of thought…
That will override this fault
… that I seem to find in myself every time I blink my eye.
I can try.
But I just don’t seem to qualify.
I need something more. Something more, Oh HOW MUCH MORE!?
I’m lost in frustration, my mind going a million miles a second in the complete wrong direction,
And that’s just it isn’t it? I need to cling to my subjection.
An object of appreciation, rather a person, a work
a something to get my heart to continue to not jerk…
Every time I look out and see exactly all that was done to me.
At the same time to forget what I myself must look like to thee.
I SCREAM to my worthless self, “Let go of the controlling key!”
Just allow yourself to be… well, me.
But that won’t work, that won’t hold it’s own.
For we all know I’d be overblown.
I need something else to see…
Something else to be!
Perhaps Jesus is still looking out for me.
I don’t need to deal with the pain of the world,
For my pain was crucified long before it unfurled.
And yours was too.
For My King is more than this temporary fixation on what we feel.
The old way of thinking is gone and our new contract is under a seal.
That emblem that is so crimson in nature
hovers over us washing away the evil depicture.
We are HIS!
And His alone,
Standing firm in Jesus, our foundation stone.
So pick up your lowly self and look, LOOK with esteem!
Because the cloud of witnesses round about us will be our defense team,
We need only to hope that our redemption is not only coming but has already appeared.
This is exactly what the ancients revered.
God loves you, yes, even you.
That statement could never be more true.
This is the craving we desire
And so this is why I so inquire…
We need this, me and you,
And it matters not what you are going through.
For oh how much more...
How much more
Is He EVERYTHING we cried for?

He's more.

“Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” –Hebrews 4:16