Looking for Something?

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Poem: One

One word that would describe you,
One sword that could stab you,
One passion that you cleave to,
One desire that will never leave you.

The story of Life.

One, just one.

For me,
I say with liberty:
Waiting.

Waiting for His One direction
Waiting for that One special connection
Waiting for Him to make Himself known
Waiting for His glory to finally be shown.

Yes, the One word would be waiting,
not so much with associating
surely not liberating
certainly not elating
And Oh how I so wish it would be relating.

But no.
Just Waiting.

Still patiently I wish
but my feeling,
it's flipping and flopping
like a dying fish.

One day I know it will be congratulating
One day I know it will be unmistakably recreating

Confusing, yes.
This one saying will definitely need
Explaining.

Explaining

Oh how I wish I would hear some.
yet even now I lie still: I refuse to start complaining.
After all it's just one word... used to describe my whole life?
Totally absurd...
But real.

Real.

I won't start thinking of some kind of deal,
I'm just hoping someone else will being to feel.

Feel.

Yes that ability is tangible
but through it, explaining becomes possible.

And so I'll speak
not because I need some kind of a critique
No, for me...
I'll speak just to see.
Just to stay open,
Just to believe there is a midnight sun.
Here is me, here is me, I am One.

Waiting may be the game to play
But not to sit in dismay.
What sword that could stab us?
It's the issue that breaks us.
A passion, a desire.
A need, One thing to inquire.
One direction when it feels like there are a ton.
Hoping God will just show One.
One connection, One sense of acceptance
A future I know will come, living with her presence.
Waiting on love? But that's unspecific.
Waiting for One. Not so simplistic.
To make Himself known,
Why the wait... I'm ready now I want to enter that combat zone.
Where He's sending me, where He is leading,
I'm ready to show His hope, His love to the needing.
To see His glory shown,
I know that day is coming,
when forever I'll be worshiping at His throne.
For Him to say, 'Time! It's up, it's done.
Just One.
My one word is waiting,
But my life, it's not devastating.
More along the lines of simple contemplating.
When will this end?
When will I be done?
I have just another question.
One word, What's yours?
One word. One.
Your time has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment